If you are leading a team for the first time, it could seem like a daunting task.
You might have the following questions in your mind -
- How do I enable my team members work collaboratively with each other?
- How do I encourage them to communicate openly, even if it means respectfully challenging each other?
- How can I ensure that team members are willing to experiment, make mistakes and learn from those experiences?
- So join us in this learning experience, where you will learn to lead a team effectively.
- Individuals who lead a team of diverse individuals in an organization
- Individuals stepping into the role of a team leader for the first time
- Leaders who are looking for ways to engage their team and drive results
- Understanding the characteristics of a ‘great’ team and goes into developing one
- Pre-course reflection questionnaire to assess one’s team characteristics
- Drawing lessons from Formula 1 and the Marshmallow Challenge
Module 2: Building Psychological Safety
- Understanding the behaviors or team members in a team which has a psychologically ‘safe’ space
- Insights from Google’s study on team effectiveness
- Drawing lessons from sports and the Navy
- Identifying actions to increase psychological safety in the team
- Scenario-based quiz
Module 3: Signalling Vulnerability
- Understanding the impact of signalling vulnerability in the team
- Drawing lessons from the world of politics, animation studios and the F&B industry
- Identifying actions to communicate/ signal vulnerability
Module 4: Establishing Purpose
- Drawing lessons from the pharmaceuticals industry
- Understanding Simon Sinek’s Golden Circle
- How to use the Golden Circle to clarify the team’s purpose
- Practice exercise
Module 5: Clarifying Roles
- Drawing lessons from the Penguins of Madagascar and the hospitality industry
- Understanding the different types of team roles
- Practice exercise
Time for you to practice what you have learned.
You have joined ‘The Best Snitch Co’ to lead a team of product developers. Navigate the various scenarios and help drive results for the organisation, while keeping the team engaged.
Founder & Director, FocusU Engage
Arun Rao is one of the co-founders of FocusU Engage. A restless soul, always looking over the horizon, he is passionate about a vast canvas of topics ranging from building high-performance teams, leadership, innovation, marketing, copywriting, workshop facilitation and Phantom comics.
When he is not immersed in any of these passions, Arun spends most of his time reading, catching up with a close set of friends over beer, and sometimes binging on Netflix.
Arun lives in Gurgaon with his college-time sweetheart, who hasn’t yet lost patience with him as his wife, and a precocious young daughter.
Get a brand new password!
Enter your brand new password