For the company’s upcoming annual event, Carol must complete some critical tasks on priority. To do so she will need the support of multiple stakeholders over whom she has no formal authority.
Will Carol successfully complete the priority tasks in time? Can she effectively influence her stakeholders and get their buy-in?
Join Carol in this storified learning journey to learn how to gain the support and buy-in of stakeholders over whom one may have no authority.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Individual contributors collaborating across different functions within an organization
- Cross-functional teams collaborating with different departments / BUs / clients / external parties
- Managers who engage with customers, partners, and officials
- Aspiring Customer Success Managers / Relationship Managers / Project or Product Managers / HR Managers
What our community members say
This course provides an understanding about how to influence stakeholders using the IiRA strategies and ways in which we can gain their support by leveraging the power of these strategies and tailoring our interaction with them using the 4 Rs Framework.
- Sudeshna Rath, Engineer turned HR professional - Business Partner at Glenmark
What I liked most about the course is the storified approach and simplicity of narration. The concepts were clearly explained with no fluff and frills. What I found most relevant to me were the reflection checkpoints where I had to pause and take the learning back to my workspace and map it along.
- Priyanka Wheatley, Manager - Leadership Learning & Coaching - Human Dynamic Group - India & APAC
Detailed Course Syllabus
Module 1: Who is a Stakeholder?
- Meaning of Stakeholder.
- Importance of influencing stakeholders
- Challenges of managing multiple stakeholders
Module 2: Strategies to Influence Stakeholders
- IiRA - Strategies to gain the support and agreement of stakeholders
Module 3: Understanding Stakeholders Through the Lens of 4 Rs
Module 4: Flex Your Style
- Red flags to watch out for each ‘R’
- Discover an adaptable approach to successfully manage stakeholder interactions
Know your Course Advisor
As Director of FocusU Academy at FocusU Engage, Dr. Rajshri oversees the design and development of tech-enabled learning products deployable across different mediums (ILT / VILT / online). With the primary motto and commitment to deliver a ‘WOW’ learning experience for all FocusU learners, she and her team ensure that they build learner centric learning products that are storified, gamified, and application oriented.
A certified Dale Carnegie trainer, who also holds the Cambridge International Certificate for Teachers and Trainers (CICTT) from the Cambridge University, UK, she takes keen interest in the areas of meta-skills, experiential learning, and LX Design. Behind her seemingly serious demeanour, Dr. R as we fondly call her, never misses an opportunity to mention that she is from Goa (just as in this instance), is a plant lover, enjoys games like Scrabble, Uno, and Sequence, and is someone who is ever ready to give recommendations on what to watch on the different OTT platforms – just that she may not remember which platform exactly!
Frequently asked questions
Why should I take a course from FocusU Academy?
What is the methodology that you use?
Won’t the storified format dilute the learning process?
What is the structure of the course?
What is the duration of the course?
Will I get a certificate for this course?
How can I access the course?
I would like to share something that I have learned here. Is it ok for me to do that?
Can I reach out to a Course Advisor for further assistance?
What should I do if I face a technical issue during the course?
For how long do I have access to the course?
Is there a recommended study plan that I should follow?
- Target the completion of 1 module every week. This includes any assignments and exercises included in the course.
- Set aside specific time slots during the week to learn. Based on your convenience, choose either 1 or 2 sittings in a week.
- Calendarize and stick to it! Treat your learning as a critical part of your personal and professional growth. Give it the importance that you would give to an important client. In this case, the client is yourself.
- Reach out to our course advisors. We have a stake in your growth and we would be happy to help you with absolutely anything.